Avira is a leading global provider of self-developed security solutions for professional and private use. The company is one of the pioneers in this field with over thirty years of experience. Ours has been a journey marked by strong growth in a volatile industry. Driven by the belief that everyone should enjoy online freedom Avira offers powerful security for multiple devices. As a pioneer of the freemium business model, we have grown into a 500-strong multinational company that protects the digital lives of millions of users worldwide.
You will ensure that millions of Avira customers are fully protected with robust products. As a cyber security specialist, you will be responsible for our internal security systems, including Vulnerability Scanner and SIEM. You will evaluate findings and results, and serve as the interface between the teams to develop joint solutions. As part of the Information Security team you will independently conduct business impact analyses and application security risk assessments.Furthermore, you are in charge of the following duties:
- Conducting external penetration tests and code reviews
- Cooperating with internal departments and serve as the qualified point of contact when verifying incidents and vulnerabilities
- Monitoring public and private channels on a daily basis for potential exploitation of vulnerabilities in Avira products
- Automating recurring processes to further increase the reliability and efficiency of our prevention systems
- Continuously promoting the topic of security awareness within the company through targeted campaigns and training courses
Nice to have:
- A degree in IT security or computer science, trained IT specialist, or an ambitious newcomer
- Knowledge of robust application development on Windows and Mac as well as knowledge of securing web applications
- Strong communicator and team player, open minded, and confident
- Very good spoken and written English
- Knowledge of German desirable
- Practical experience in the field of incident and vulnerability handling
- Basic knowledge of general IT security standards as well as the ISO 27001
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- International like-minded team
- Opportunity to work and develop knowledge in a professional environment
- Subsidized canteen, free gym, free ice cream, language courses, and other attractive benefits!
- Flexible working hours
- English as the official business language
You will be located in beautiful Tettnang, near Lake Constance.