Avira is one of the leading providers of IT security solutions. As one of the pioneers in this field it has been present in the security software market for more than 30 years. At its headquarter in Tettnang near Lake Constance, it is one of the largest regional employers. Go beyond Antivirus with us and become a developer in our Protection Unit that contributes to the Avira Vision "Protecting People in the Connected World"!
As a Senior Developer (f/m/x) you will lead, design and implement new backend systems and architectures. You will be part of a cross functional team of open-minded computer scientists, located in Germany and Romania. While doing so, we expect you to use the existing knowledge and open atmosphere of the team in an agile environment and bring in your own ideas and improvements. Your ideas will be used as input to take Avira’s new detection technologies to the next level.
If you have an interest in working with the newest technologies and writing awesome code, we want to talk to you.
- Starting from day one you will familiarize yourself with our vision for the backend systems we want to leverage to protect our customers. Within one month you understand the software and hardware architecture of the existing backend systems so you can start improving and deploying new components.
- Within the first six months you will develop and implement new features that improve Avira’s cloud-based detection systems. The systems you design and develop will scale easily for very large amounts of data and will provide high performance while requiring low maintenance. Your projects will collect and process security-related intelligence and will then provide that data to the company as a whole so Avira can protect its users on a global scale.
- Within the first year you will be truly integrated within a team that delivers the most up-to-date web-security solutions to our millions of customers. You take full ownership of cross-department projects and collaborate efficiently with other teams. You are keen to improve existing technology and implement new and innovative features. You also play a big part in securing and supporting the digital lifestyle of our customers and making the Internet a more secure place.
- You have a successfully completed University degree in computer science, IT Security or a comparable qualification
- 3+ years' experience as a senior developer, with excellent development skills in Python
- Hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications and technologies
- Experience in web application development and implementation of REST APIs
- Experience of Agile Engineering methodologies, such a Kanban or Scrum
- Strong analytical, technical and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of English required, German language skills are a plus
- Competitive payment based on the level of seniority and impact
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- International like-minded team
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised canteen, free gym, free ice cream, language courses and other attractive benefits!
This position is based in Tettnang near Lake Constance in Germany.