As a developer your work will include implementing logic, backend integration and user interfaces for browser extensions. You will be part of a cross functional team working on large projects to provide the best protection for our customers.While doing so, we expect you to use the existing knowledge and open atmosphere of the team in an agile environment and bring in your own ideas and improvements. Your ideas will be used as an input to take Avira’s new detection technologies to the next level.
If you have an interest in working with the newest technologies and writing awesome code, we want to talk to you.
Your performance objectives
- Develop and deliver Browser Extensions for all modern Browsers, to make a difference for millions of customers worldwide
- Ensure that customer deliverables for projects are delivered on time, and with the highest quality level
- Work with the design and engineering team to ensure best user experience
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and your team to find the best technical solutions and give feedback about the technical feasibility of new feature requests.
- University degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- In-depth experience with back-end development. Python is a big plus
- Experience with Browser Extension development, HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in the field of Cloud technologies (Amazon AWS)
- Experience of Agile Engineering methodologies, such a Kanban or Scrum
- Strong analytical, technical and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of English required, German language skills are a plus
Avira - More than a Job!
- Competitive payment based on the level of seniority and impact
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- International like-minded team
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised canteen, free gym, free ice cream, language courses and other attractive benefits!
This position is based in the Avira HQ in Tettnang, Germany near Lake Constance.